I am a first year PhD student in Machine Learning where I am supervised by Doina Precup in the Reasoning and Learning Lab and Montreal Institute of Learning Algorithms (MILA) at McGill University. I am also a research intern at Microsoft Research Montreal, where I collaborate with Philip Bachman. I also collaborate with Yarin Gal from Oxford University.
Previously, I was a Masters student at University of Cambridge in the MPhil Machine Learning, Speech and Language Technology program. I completed my Masters degree under the supervision of Zoubin Ghahramani and Yarin Gal at Cambridge Machine Learning Group. My Masters was funded by the Cambridge Commonwealth and International Trust, and I was a member of St John’s College, Cambridge.
Prior to that I studied Electronic and Electrical Engineering at University College London working under supervision of John Shawe-Taylor and Guy Lever from the Centre of Computational Statistics and Machine Learning and Gatsby Computational and Neuroscience Unit at UCL. I also had a great fortune working with David Silver from Google DeepMind during my undergraduate thesis.
I was also a summer research student at California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship program (SURF) where I worked under supervision of Richard Murray in the Control and Dynamical Systems Lab, under a project in collaboration with the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), and Keck Institute for Space Studies. Before that, I was a summer research student in the Machine Learning Group at Johns Hopkins University working under supervision of Suchi Saria.
- Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Temporal Abstraction and Hierarchical Reinforcement Learning
- Multi-Step Reinforcement Learning
- Imitation Learning
- Deep Learning
- Bayesian Deep Learning
- Probabilistic Models
- Approximate and Variational Bayesian Inference
- Deep Generative Models
- Nov 2017 : Two papers in Bayesian Deep Learning workshop, NIPS 2017
- Nov 2017 : Paper accepted in AAAI 2018.
- Nov 2017 : Part-time at Maluuba, Microsoft Research
- Oct 2017 : One paper submitted in ICLR 2018
- Sep 2017 : One paper submitted in AAAI 2018
- Sep 2017 : Two contributed papers at Montreal AI Symposium, 2017.
- Sep 2017 : I am co-teaching graduate level Machine Learning course (COMP652 : Machine Learning) at McGill in Fall 2017 with Guillaume Rabusseau and my supervisor Doina Precup.
- Aug 2017 : At ICML 2017 Reinforcement Learning workshop, I gave an Invited Talk on “Difficulty of Reproducing Benchmarked Results for Deep Reinforcement Learning on Continuous Control” (slides here)
- Aug 2017 : At ICML 2017 I presented two papers : Conference paper – Deep Bayesian Active Learning with Image Data and Workshop paper : Reproducibility of Benchmarked Deep Reinforcement Tasks for Continuous Control
- July 2017 : I gave a tutorial with Peter Henderson at Reinforcement Learning Summer School on “Practical Tutorial on Using Reinforcement Learning Algorithms for Continuous Control” (slides here)
- July 2017 : Paper accepted in ICML’17 Reproducibility in Machine Learning workshop. “Reproducibility of Benchmarked Deep Reinforcement Learning Tasks in Continuous Control”
- June 2017 : Started internship in Maluuba, Microsoft Research
- May 2017 : Two papers submitted in NIPS 2017
- May 2017 : Paper accepted in ICML 2017.
- January 2017 : Started PhD at the RL Lab / MILA at McGill University.
- November 2016 : Paper accepted in NIPS’16 Bayesian Deep Learning workshop. “Active Learning Image Data”
- October 2016 : Got married 😀 Starting a new project!
- October 2016 : I am teaching a course in Introduction to Reinforcement Learning at both IUB and AIUB in Bangladesh
- August 2016 : I submitted my Masters thesis in the MPhil Machine Learning, Speech and Language Technology program
- August 2016 : Completed the MPhil Machine Learning, Speech and Language Technology program with an average of 72%
- October 2015 : Joined for a Masters in Machine Learning at University of Cambridge
- August 2015 : Finished the Caltech SURF program
- June 2015 : Finally done with undergraduate studies at UCL
- April 2015 : Submitted my undergraduate thesis at UCL